Powered By Blogger

Saturday, July 11, 2009

I already miss them!

Today is the first time I have ever posted on my blog! I'm not sure exactly what I want to say but I do want to express how thankful I am for my children and grandchildren. My middle child and her three children have come to visit while my son-in-law completes basic training at Ft. Sam Houston in San Antonio. They left today to join him for the next couple of days and to celebrate my grandsons birthday. He will be three.
They left about five hours ago and I miss them already. I miss my daughter, whom I do not get to see enough. It pains my heart when I realize I have had precious little time with her over the past twelve years. She has accomplished many things during that time that make me a proud papa. I wish I could be closer to them geographically.
Family is what this life is all about. Don't doubt that for a moment. We are here to create and raise a cohesive family unit.
I am looking forward to their safe return for a couple of short weeks before they will need to return to their lives in what may as well be another continent.

1 comment: